pretty things to see, feel, eat

Monday 1 July 2013

Mama likes... Gladiator sandals - a summer favourite!

Gladiator sandals have been lingering around for a long time - well, thousands of years really, if we go all the way back to Ancient Greece and Rome, but in fashion terms, it's been a trend on repeat for a few summers - like pashminas and UGGs, it just won't go away! Personally, it's is a relief, as I fell in love with this sandal style years ago - probably in my early teens - and couldn't wait for certain other sandal trends to go away (don't make me mention the "B" or "C" words!), so that I could get back to what my husband calls my "Flavius Maximus footwear".

Here's a little pic of me and my girl in ours - mine from Kurt Geiger last summer, and hers from Zara Kids.


Here are a few other beauties in the shops right now - quick, summer may actually be here, time to get those (well manicured) tootsies out!


Chunky silver leather from Top Shop

Multi-strap leather from Bertie

Gold pared-back luxe from Chloe (from ShoeScribe)


Leather and Leopard print from Whistles (via Asos)

Or a fierce studded leopard print version from Zara


Studded black toe-post from River Island
Statement leather and mesh sandals from Sergio Rossi (from ShopBop)
Neon yellow by Rebecca Minkoff (from DJ Premium)

(now tell me that "Flavius Maximus" ever dreamt of rocking such a fabulous pair!)


Last summer, my daughter wore these to death from Monsoon.  I'm not a fan of kids wearing grown-up style, and these are just adorable, while letting her copy mama just enough!


They do something similar for adults, but sadly not in the fuchsia pink.  Still, there's a sandal out there for everyone!  

  I haven't dared wear the high gladiator sandal, although if I did...


(Givenchy sandals from 2011 - I'd love to see what my husband would make of these, although not sure I'd wear them to the supermarket!)


What do you think, would you dare?  Are you a gladiator sandal lover?



No comments:

Post a Comment