pretty things to see, feel, eat

Friday 28 June 2013

Mama Likes... Statement Necklaces, a few favourites

I love how jewellery often tells a story.  As well as being a focal piece or just finishing off an outfit, jewellery is often incredibly personal, and it doesn't matter whether it's uber-expensive, or an impulse purchase.  

I've loved statement necklaces for years, here are a few of my favourites:



Possibly my all-time favourite statement necklace - gold chains on black grosgrain, that ties in a loose bow, from Donna Karan.  Donna Karan was the very first fashion designer I fell in love with when I was a child, poring over fashion magazines, and when I went into her London store years ago, this was the only thing I could afford, but I was determined to leave with something!



I wore this necklace to death (practically literally, as you can see by the one chain that is broken!) - embellished and silver & black, it went with everything and was a real statement.  I found it in a hotel shop in a boutique country hotel I visited about 5 years ago - just goes to show, there may be hidden gems anywhere!



I bought this over-sized "pearls" on grosgrain ribbon necklace, from Accessorize, some time ago, and have rarely worn it, but suddenly I've started gravitating towards it and wear it a lot.



this necklace from Stella & Dot reminds me of Grecian Goddess style, perfect with a plain white vest, or over a gorgeous dress. I've worn it to 2 weddings already.


LOVE necklace above, and pink neon cutout lace effect collar necklace below from Bershka.  I've recently gotten into Bershka, and these pieces are just a bit of easy fun.



Are you a statement necklace lover?  Feel free to leave a link in the comments if you have any favourites to share!




Linking in with Fashion Forward's All things pretty

5 comments:

  1. Love all of these, especially the Stella & Dot one! Gorgeous. I love statement necklaces but also love statement earrings - it's a constant battle for 1st place! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, me too, and like short hemlines and low-cut tops, you can't do statement earrings AND statement earrings together!

      Delete
  2. So many nice statement necklaces, you have quite a collection! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been collecting them for quite some time now!

      Delete
  3. Love your style gorgeous lady, wish you lived closer so we could share jewellery! Love them all, every single one and think that neon lace number is rocking too and is one I wouldn't think of wearing so thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete